I can’t write a song and dedicate it to you
I can’t paint your face and hang it on the wall
Nor can I name a star after you
Forgive me, but this is all I can do.
I may not like the music you like
I may not watch the movies you watch
I may hate you some times
But I’ll always be here for you.
I’ll laugh with you until you cry
I’ll cry with you until you smile
I’ll listen to you when things mess up
I’ll drink with you until we get drunk
I’ll take care of you no matter what
I may not be what you want me to
I may not say the right words at the right time
I may not be believe in what you believe in
But I’ll stay beside you and your dreams
And when I’ve lived my own dreams
Maybe then, I’ll be able to write you a song,
Or paint your many faces
Maybe then, I’ll be able to teach you about the stars
But I’d rather sit with you
I’ll listen to whatever music you want
I’ll watch whatever movie you choose
And just hold your hand.
And when we’re old and grumpy
I may not be able to write you a poem
But I’ll read this one to you
And tell you how much you’ve made me happy.
January 9, 2011
![]() |
| thank you. |

No comments:
Post a Comment