Saturday, February 26, 2011

the silence of words

You come to me and talk about her
I listen, intently and carefully
You tell me how she broke your heart
I listen, and I hear my heart breaking.


You come to me and talk about her
How much you tried
And how things messed up
And how you messed up.


You come to me and ask about him
You listen to my untold story
And I tell you how he broke my heart
And you kept quiet.


You come to me and ask about him
I tell you almost everything
And how things messed up
And how I messed up.


I come to you hoping to tell you
I’m starting to forget
Because you’ve made me too happy
Because you’ve made me forget.


But that, I can never do.
Unless you learn to forget about her too.



against all odds


No comments:

Post a Comment