I won’t ask how you are or what you’ve been up to lately
I won’t even say I miss you.
I just want you to know that you…
You are one big mistake
you are a stubborn
selfish, immature person…
but I like you.
I like you because you smile at me even if I growl at you
I like you because you tease me like teasing was all we could do
I like you because you remind me of me and you.
You remind me of medicines and gray umbrellas.
You remind me of purple shirts and henna tattoos.
You remind me of fireworks and rollercoaster rides,
of early mornings and moonflowers,
of slim ties and playing cards.
You remind me of moonlit shadows and birthday hugs.
You are one big mistake
you are a stubborn
selfish, immature person…
but I like you.
I like you because you chose to be with me on that fateful night.
I like you because you make me remember things that never mattered before.
I like you because when I’m with you, I forget things.
I’ll always remember the way you tucked my hair behind my ears.
I’ll always remember those December fireworks and would always wish for early mornings to never cease.
I’ll always remember the way you tease me and then smile at me.
I like remembering you, remembering all the things you did, I did, we did…together.
I will always remember you and that I like you –
even though you are not aware, that I really do.
September 9, 2010 (1:36 am)
![]() |
| quicker than a glance, faster than a heartbeat |

No comments:
Post a Comment