I cried for three hundred and seventy-nine days
Because I thought I wanted you to be mine
I crushed my own heart and bled for all the wrong reasons
Because I thought I needed you to call me yours
And for the longest time I’ve longed for you.
I was disposed to being incredulous;
Embraced solitude like a religion
I was a skeptic by practice and
A pessimist by profession.
But I guess I’ve punished myself for too long
For reasons that are more than you
And less than myself.
Yet life should remain as beautiful as has always been said
And as time stealthily brought back my innocence
And the naivety to have faith, to love and be loved
Serenity finally found me like a sinner waiting
For redemption;
And I was genuinely happy.
I do not love you, not anymore
Not because I didn’t get what I want
Not because I despise you for the things you did
Or the things you failed to do…
I guess love just went the other way
I don’t need your love either
So take back what you’ve given me
Whatever that is…
I now swim in the slumber of freedom.
![]() |
| Hoping is pretty much like loving; you should know when to stop. |

No comments:
Post a Comment