This dour mood is just a makeshift for these anxieties
And this healthy disdain for the truth keeps me grounded
While you sweep me off my feet with your wily deeds.
While I turn head over heels with your whimsy
While you strip me of my staidness
While I catch my breath with your condescending arguments
And every other cliché out there.
We see each other in the hallway, by the door, in the elevator,
In periphery, outside the confines of our comfort zones
I don’t know what to call this exactly nor how to say or what to feel
We can actually make this into whatever we want
Without guilt or remorse; without fear or shame
But we are a mistake waiting to happen, waiting to be made
We are like two indecipherable words warily dancing around
This burning pragmatism with a sacred vow in between.
Happy endings are as overrated as conformity
And we are not an exception.
I won’t let this vile truth keep me from you, maybe at the least,
Our friendship or whatever we have right now
Let me bask in your shameless flattery and saccharine deeds
And be ridiculously happy with our irrationalities
Maybe someday I’ll be drained of reasons to still want to be here
And we’ll both wake up from each other’s dreams
And blame the random nature of the universe.
![]() |
| just for a little while |

No comments:
Post a Comment