My heart flutters in this continuum of madness
How ludicrous it is for reality to be trapped
Within the realms of my prudent faith in idealism
You didn’t seem to feel like a dream
But now you do.
Your name is as elusive as you are
And my shrewd mind is as oblivious as your subtleties
I am six hundred and five days ahead of you,
Shrinking in the safeguard of a forgotten familiarity
Where were you?
In this pool of uncertainties,
I imperil my bubble with these bleak desires
Like planting a seed on a desolate ground
But who has seen forever, who assures that
Providence will be worthwhile?
After all, youth is like a fleeting memory
That reminds us to defy what shouldn’t be defied
I shall leave you wandering in the crevices of what could be
Or maybe let this folly stray to decadence
Until then, my heart will persist to flutter in this continuum of madness.
-September 20, 2012
![]() |
| my heart struts like a ballerina in an empty hall |

No comments:
Post a Comment