Thursday, July 7, 2011

shot

I can feel my shirt starting to smell of
Cigarette smoke and the late night breeze
Four souls being consumed by their desires
And we sat beside each other; and the bottles
Landed on our table, but not like it used to.

Something’s different, something’s missing
But I start to pour that bitter liquid
Down my throat; it felt like a rush
On a windy day, like a rain that came
But was never expected, like the way
You suddenly grabbed and held my hand.

One bottle, two bottles, three bottles
We continued to gobble down those drinks
And everything else we’d rather forget,
Everything else waiting for freedom.

I steal a glimpse of you; I wanted to
Tell you right there and then: For all of the drinks
And the nights that we’ve had together,
Can we give us a shot?

 *July 2, 2011 



you remind me of October nights

No comments:

Post a Comment