Friday, January 20, 2017

Wanderers

My skin against your lips
My hips against your arms
Your fingers running down my spine
My darling, we've crossed the line

I wonder as you talk
While you wander in my mind
My heart skips, stops, skips

Some answers don't have questions
Some questions need not be asked
I want you to kiss me when we're quiet
And miss me when we're not

The long wait isn't over
That road is still ahead of us
Tell me darling, how do we even start?

You turn your face against mine
I turn my back
These are times I wish I could
But I can never go back

Some hearts make a fool of itself
Some fools are meant to break hearts
I want you to look for me when you're lonely
And love me when you no longer are.

- Jan. 21, 2017

leave me while I still remember you

No comments:

Post a Comment