Wednesday, January 14, 2015

For too short a while

I watch you staring at the steam dancing above your morning coffee. I glared at your cup as you pressed it against your purple lips. Hastily, the tiny red veins in your face lighted up. You gave me a quick glance and stood up.
I stared, just looking at you bare feet tread the wooden floor. You sat on your chair again, tracing the brim of your cup. I smiled when I noticed steam coming from another cup.
I dragged myself out of bed, tiptoed to the table. You were writing now, clicking and unclicking the pen on your left hand. I stretched my feet, they lightly touched your cold toes. You slowly looked up at me and smiled.
I tried to peek into your scribbles. But you pulled the papers away. I watch you write so seriously, so confidently, like you were changing the world with every word you write.
Then you stopped, carefully laid the pen on the table and held my hand. I saw you move your lips but no words would come out.
I grabbed the piece of paper you were writing on, almost spilling your coffee. As I read, I wept and woke up to my tears.
How could you leave me, my darling? How could you leave this world? How could you leave me all alone again?


No comments:

Post a Comment