You urged your lips to mine.
I kept my eyes closed,
I tried to breathe;
I felt your chest throbbing,
A split second of unconsciousness,
My heart bellowing, toes curling up;
You closed your eyes,
I kissed back.
Love is betrayal, insanity;
It is cunning, poisonous
Love is extreme madness
We all inevitably suffer from
It is a dangerous pursuit.
I lean closer, you breathe in
I thought I heard you say something
A whisper, a dare, an attempt;
Words that we may have
Intentionally drowned.
You kissed me back.
Love is a disease
It is doubt, a vicious trap
Love is an unexpected plunge
It is the shadow always ahead of us.
For a moment, I smiled
My hands trembling,
Our lips still in oblivion
We talked in glances,
curious of how the other felt.
We kissed and smiled,
Smiled and Kissed
It tasted like the sea
Like a rainy day on the beach
We were leaving this world,
Our bodies, our senses.
But we didn’t feel lost
We were just losing ourselves,
Losing something we both know
Was never ours.
-Sept. 25, 2013
-Sept. 25, 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment