Dearest Love,
You were never expected but you happened
Against my better judgment,
I saw you written all over me.
Though I ardently tried to stay inside the lines
I knew then you were bound to be a halo in disguise.
How could I give up something I never had?
Between the placid and the lurid, you were a mistake;
That you’d never be more than a stranger
And my shabby heart wouldn’t find novel ways
To hurt itself yet again.
Dearest Darling,
How can we ever veer away from this mess?
Amid this hearth, we pray for a vision
To know what lies ahead and catch up with reality
We knew it was wrong but everything was obstinately blissful
You were never really a choice; but in the end I was.
Did you ever think that I would fall into your dreams
Did you ever dream that you would fall into my arms?
Did you ever think that we could be?
In one way or another, in a world of our own
At least we were once happy.
![]() |
| uh-oh. not again. |

No comments:
Post a Comment